Rihanna ‘S3X’ Tape Survey Scam Messages Hit Facebook
Messages spreading via Facebook comments promise clickers salacious footage of popular singing star Rihanna and her boyfriend.
These fraudulent messages are designed to trick users into relinquishing control of their Facebook accounts to Internet fraudsters who will use the hijacked accounts to blast out more of the Rihanna spam and possibly other scam messages as well. They also attempt to trick users into participating in bogus online surveys. No matter how many surveys they complete, participants will never get to see the promised video.
[VIDE0] RIHANNA S3x Tape w1th his boyfriend
I l0st all respect f0r her
However, the messages are scams deigned to fool over-eager users into compromising their Facebook accounts. Those who give in to temptation and click the link will first be taken to a video player page as shown in the following screenshot:
Messages promising users "S3X" video featuring singing star Rihanna with her boyfriend are currently appearing on Facebook. The messages, which are generally posted as comments to Facebook messages, include a link to the supposed video.
If users click the "play" button, they are then taken to a page that claims that they must verify that they are human by generating a "code" and copy the contents of their address bar:
Next they are instructed to submit their "verification code" as a "final step":
Users are then ask to wait while their code is verified:
Finally, users are taken to another website that claims that they must once again verify that they are human by participating in a "survey" or "trial":
But, alas, no matter how many surveys users complete, they will never get to see the promised video of Rihanna and her boyfriend.
Meanwhile, by submitting the "verification" code as instructed, users are in fact giving the scammers access to their Facebook accounts, including their Friends list. BidDefender's HotforSecurity blog explains that the "verification code" is in fact the victim's Facebook authentication token, which can then be used by the criminals to temporarily hijack the Facebook account. Hijacked accounts are then used to blast out many more of the same scam messages as comments on various Facebook posts.
While the compromised accounts are being used to spam all of their friends, victims are likely to be embroiled in a morass of bogus survey pages, perhaps still vainly hoping to see Rihanna in the raw. Some of the "survey" pages ask users to provide personal information including name, address and contact details, ostensibly to allow them to go in the draw for a prize. Others invite them to download dubious toolbars, games or software. Still others will claim that users must provide their mobi Hoax-Slayer - New Articles
- Poland - Lotto November 25, 2014Draw Date : Tue, 25 Nov 2014 21:40:00 GMTDraw Results : 1-5-12-18-29-34Next Draw Date : Thu, 27 Nov 2014 21:40:00 GMTNext Draw Jackpot : zł 2,000,000Buy Lottery Ticket Now!
- South Africa - Powerball November 25, 2014Draw Date : Tue, 25 Nov 2014 21:30:00 GMTDraw Results : 8-19-24-37-40 + 7Next Draw Date : Fri, 28 Nov 2014 21:30:00 GMTNext Draw Jackpot : R 21,000,000Buy Lottery Ticket Now!
- Russia - Gosloto 6/45 November 25, 2014Draw Date : Tue, 25 Nov 2014 21:00:00 GMTDraw Results : Coming Soon...Next Draw Date : Wed, 26 Nov 2014 21:00:00 GMTNext Draw Jackpot : руб. 96,100,000Buy Lottery Ticket Now!
- Russia - Gosloto 7/49 November 25, 2014Draw Date : Tue, 25 Nov 2014 21:00:00 GMTDraw Results : 1-10-15-18-26-31-34Next Draw Date : Wed, 26 Nov 2014 21:00:00 GMTNext Draw Jackpot : руб. 50,000,000Buy Lottery Ticket Now!
- Spain - BonoLoto November 25, 2014Draw Date : Tue, 25 Nov 2014 21:00:00 GMTDraw Results : 9-18-20-22-37-48 + 35Next Draw Date : Wed, 26 Nov 2014 21:00:00 GMTNext Draw Jackpot : € 400,000Buy Lottery Ticket Now!