Message Warns Of Requests for Photos Of Babies With Nappies Open
Circulating social media message warns that a woman who frequents baby groups is asking users to send photographs of their babies with nappies open as part of a research project.
© Depositphotos.com/ Jo Ingate
The claims in the message so far remain unsubstantiated. Some commentators claim to have been contacted by a person wanting images of nappies (without babies) for absorbency research. It is possible that the warning is derived from these alleged requests. It is of course, important that people do not give strangers images of their babies unclothed. Approaching strangers and asking them to send nappy photos – even without babies – is not a legitimate method of conducting research. Any supposed research project should be thoroughly vetted before people agree to participate in any way.
[Urgent New to Share] Brisbane Kids has been alerted that there is a womans profile being used to ask for photos of little ones with their nappy open for ‘research’ this person is in over 160 groups asking the same question. they are offering gift cards in exchange for images. The woman is show in her profile with kids. This has been reported to the police and facebook but things take time. There have been several brisbane mums group pages targeted- please be vigilent and share with your friends.
According to a message that is currently circulating via , parents should watch out for a woman who is requesting photographs of babies with their nappies open, ostensibly for a research project. The warning has been posted on popular parenting page, Brisbane Kids.
The claims so far remain unsubstantiated. Some commentators have reported being approached online by a woman asking for pictures of nappies for supposed absorbency research. However, they note that the person was requesting images of just the nappies, not the babies wearing them. It is possible that the current warning is derived from these alleged absorbency research requests.
Regardless, it is of course very important that people do not give strangers images of their children clothed or unclothed. In fact, it is difficult to imagine any parents agreeing to send images of their babies with their nappies open to a total stranger that contacted them via an online group.
Moreover, even requests for nappy photos without the babies cannot be considered a legitimate or credible method of conducting research and should be treated as highly suspect. Any request to participate in a research project on any subject should be checked out thoroughly. Legitimate research projects should have easily verifiable information about the aims of the project, what organization or individuals are conducting it and how details provided by participants will be used and stored. Never agree to provide personal information or photographs for use in a research project unless the project has been well vetted and found to be legitimate.
Last updated: August 6, 2013
- Russia - Gosloto 6/45 January 28, 2015
- South Africa - Lotto January 28, 2015
- Russia - Gosloto 7/49 January 28, 2015
- Ukraine - Megalot January 28, 2015
- Ukraine - Super Loto January 28, 2015
- Brazil - Mega-Sena January 28, 2015
- Brazil - Quina January 28, 2015
- Australia - Wednesday Lotto January 28, 2015
- Germany - Lotto January 28, 2015
- Florida - Lucky Money January 27, 2015
- U.S. - Mega Millions January 27, 2015
- Poland - Lotto January 27, 2015
- South Africa - Powerball January 27, 2015
- Spain - BonoLoto January 27, 2015
- Europe - EuroMillions January 27, 2015
- France - EuroMillions and My Million Raffle January 27, 2015
- Brazil - Dupla Sena January 27, 2015
- Italy - SuperEnalotto January 27, 2015
- Italy - SuperStar January 27, 2015
- U.K. - EuroMillions and UK Millionaire Maker January 27, 2015